Green Policies Ithaca inn
Because where you choose to spend your money...
Matters even more than you may think.
Our "Green" Policies
- We reuse paper and containers whenever possible.
- We recycle all paper, card board, glass, plastic and cans.
- We have begun a composting program.
- We use mostly natural cleaning products.
- We use energy efficient compact fluorescent lighting.
- We use only recycled and/or unbleached paper products.
- We offer only biodegradable or recyclable take out containers
- All bathroom amenities are provided by dispenser instead of tiny single use bottles.
- We have installed all low water usage appliances and plumbing fixtures.
- In order to conserve natural resources, we offer guests the option to reuse towels.
- Also, we change sheets every third day unless guests request otherwise.
"We Buy Locally" Policy
We support our local economy by patronizing locally owned and operated businesses whenever possible. Happily, the list is long, so here are just some of the local businesses we support:
- Cheeses: Lively Run Goat Dairy, Empire, Finger Lakes Farmstead
- Sausage: NY Chevon, BWW Farm
- Sodas: Salle Beverage Juices: Red Jacket Cider
- Coffees: Gimme Coffee, Finger Lakes Coffee Roasters
- Apples: Baker’s Acres
- Flowers & Produce: Turek Farms, Fedorak Farms, Torre Garlic, Eve's Cidery
- Breads & Pastry Dough: Delorio’s, Rich's
- Amenities: Martin Marietta
- Wine: More Finger Lakes & NYS Vineyards than we can list- check out our current offerings on the restaurant page
- Beer: Southern Tier Brewing, Saranac Brewing, Ithaca Brewing, Bellweather Cider… check out our current offerings on the restaurant page